Monday, February 21, 2011

It needs to be written

Emotive writing is what I usually claim to be good at. I suspect that is not a real term or probably means nothing. What it is supposed to tell people about me is that I write under extreme emotional pressure. Either very happy or, sad, angry and so on. Although elation usually produces sentimental crap, at least it is written down.
This will serve as my #1 excuse for never writing anything. Someone needs to make me cry to get me writing anything. Achey hearts are the best. I have written some of my best pieces because my heart was not functioning properly. It was pumping blood okay, but that is secondary to its primary function. To feel.
The #2 excuse would probably be the age-old question of inspiration. That is too complicated to get into right now. We will shelve it for later.
The point of this post (because all posts should have points, sharp ones) is not the above. Well the above acts as an introduction to why I would just randomly write. As you can probably guess I am a tad upset. I do not know if all the employees at Harpo really do feel the love of the great-O or not, but something makes me think she is the kind of employer who would want you to know how appreciated you are. I am sure she gushes about the tea all the time, so the tea lady feels nice inside.
Appreciation is a dying art. We go about our business feeling entitled to a service just because we have certain titles. However, without a group effort it would not be the same. I need to feel worth something. Not just sometimes or as part of a person’s good deed of the day. I have concluded that the point of this lack of appreciation is because I am not where I need to be. Fulfilling my purpose if you will.
Fear and a bunch of cleverly worded excuses stand in my way. But I will break them down one by one until one day I can call myself what I was destined to do.
I am sorry if this sounds like something the great-O would say. It needed to be said so that now we have our goal. A mission if you will. Time to sharpen my ninja tools and get my stealth-mode on.
Thank you for scanning this quickly. I appreciate your split attention!

2 comments:

  1. I realise 'scanning quickly' is a redundant phrase or expression. As you were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so after looking around to check if you really did see me scanning your piece, I read it again for my piece of mind.

    and *nods*, i am glad we have a goal and a stunning piece to get us started. yay!!!

    ReplyDelete