Thursday, May 19, 2011

They call it the blues

Here I am after exactly 3 months of this new venture. I chickened out as I am prone to do- but am ready to give it my best shot. Well rather this for now than a certain nagging report that requires proper grammar.

For a while now I have known that writing is my calling. My purpose, that elusive something I was meant to do. Luck me right? People leap off buildings because they cannot quite figure out what it is they are meant to do. Alas (I love using this word, always makes me feel a bit more grand than I am)lucky I am not.

Seemingly more is needed from me than a simple realisation. Apparently greatness requires action as well. So instead of filing my tax returns for some missing years- my focus is this. This need to be the best me (puke) is getting in the way of...well being me.

I have drawn up a few questions that might help me onto a better path.
1. What is it about writing the defines me?
2. Was the last thing I wrote (we can skip this piece) any good?
3. Why are deadlines so scary and massive?
4. Why do I refuse to venture out into the unknown and read new authors instead of the tried and tested?

These questions really have no scientific way to get me writing- but listing a bunch of questions you do not always answer is the first step to self-reflection.

I am afraid I am rather blue lately. I am young enough to still have the potential to be great and therefore it is way too early to develop a drinking problem and be bitter.
See my problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment