Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A labour of something akin to love

So I am still obsessing about my new blog. Today’s focus of aforementioned obsession is will my blog be different, interesting and uniquely me?
I think not. I shouldn’t probably say this but then again I should be fully engrossed with a task my boss has just given me. There was no deadline attached- to me that is always code for “when you can get around to it”.
Back to my dilemma. Whilst I do get that South Africa is not exactly the U.S where blogs have made many a tacky writer famous- I live in hope. Who knows right? Some wildly rich publisher might just think me brilliant. Although I also worry that a blog does not exactly show off a writer’s talent.
Back to dilemma for real- will my blog be different from all the others? The reasons I tend to doubt are these:
• I started the blog after reading a couple and thinking to myself- I can do that.
• I really want to give little nicknames to everybody I write about- which everybody does
• I have no clear focus at the moment of what this is exactly about
• Sooner or later- the one person presently reading this will tire of my insecurity and move back to relishing Perez Hilton
I was also wondering if all the scandalous things I shall surely write about will someday be used against me in a court of law. But things I need to get to the getting.
p.s I am absurdly happy that I have four followers. I am not sure what it means exactly but I was like yay- 4 people cared enough to click on ‘follow’.
p.s.s The euphoria of boss coming back from France is wearing off. Especially because his assistant is still away and I always hate being the stand in because like does anybody here really know how smart I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment