Friday, June 4, 2010

and i do mean, EVERYTHING!

One more thing I am certain about in life:
-S.A temporary passports are only good for some holiday in Maseru on the pretext that some obscure relative has departed this world-

For international travel, one needs to try a little bit harder. I thought I’d finally be updating my blog on my way to Munich to catch a flight to Timisoara. Instead I on the sleeper couch, next to soon-to-be-hubby trying to figure out the reasons. Shit happens is not really good enough for me. I prefer the butterfly effect. So in essence, some maniac in china stomped on an ant and I was rudely turned away from my flight.

I do have a solution though. Of course God willing- I can quickly get my visa on Monday. I really do hope I do, I do not relish the thought of explaining to 10 different people at work why I am still in South Africa.

Oh and I am not an idiot, I did have a visa. It’s just in the wrong passport.
This blog was supposed to be about the show Tumi and the Volume put on last night at the Blues Room. I’m no longer in the mood for my somewhat scathing review. In short, Zubz was oddly perched on a stool swinging his legs for 80% of the show. It really bothered me. Plus I kinda think he sucks now. But that’s another tale entirely.

Moral of my crappy experience? Everything and I do mean everything has purpose behind it. Think about that, next time you pick Gordon’s Gin over Tanqueray.

No comments:

Post a Comment