Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Marc by Marc Jacobs


I really do apologise for my last blog. It is almost a pity I wrote it sober...although in my defence I did think I was close to the end.

This past Saturday I went to a vintage-market-sale thingy. And for once I am proud to say I did not have to be dragged there. It is really disturbing how maybe 7 times out of 10, I have to feel like I went somewhere out of duress- when I’d rather be at home, doing nothing. I digress.

The point is I went under my own volition. And even though said-friend-who-did-not-drag-me-there would like to claim responsibility I bought my first ever proper designer bag of my volition. The bag is a rather cute Marc Jacobs workwear pink leather bag. See picture.

I am not really a designer-label junkie. My fashion criterion usually rises to cute. The cheaper the better. Cheaper and of awesome quality- even better! I know, very hard to find. The point of my recent purchase is that this bag is my first. I will treasure it for a while to come. More than the bag- I really like Marc Jacobs. Usually designers make a little impression on me beyond their clothes, but Marc is quirky and cute.

I also found out that vintage store people tend to look down on designer-purchases. The sales person at the store insinuated my purchase was absurd and I am sure he thinks I kick hungry kids in the street. So unfair. But that is the price one pays.
The phone keeps ringing- so I am going to have to stop. Point is- I love my new bag. It’s been a long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment